Some mornings are made for sleeping in, waking up with a nice cup of coffee and making a relaxing delicious breakfast. Other mornings are for snoozing one too many times, quickly brushing your teeth and run out the door without even thinking about breakfast. It happens to the best of us, it’s okay. That’s why we decided to share with you one of our favorite breakfast on the go recipes: egg cups. They are fast and easy to make, and you can store them in your fridge for a few days, to grab quickly on those busier mornings.
Low carb, low fat, and high protein.
Here’s how to put together these delicious egg cups on the go:
- 3 cups of egg whites
- 1/2 cup of cut up chives
- 12 slices of deli meat of your choice
- 80g of low fat cheese of your choice
- Non stick cooking spray
- Salt, Pepper, different spices and seasonings of your choice
Read: Protein Pancakes Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grab muffin tin and spray each muffin holder with a low fat spray of your choice to avoid our cups sticking to the pan.
2. Measure a cup of egg whites OR if you prefer whole eggs (change macros accordingly), a carton of 12 will do, and place in a large bowl. Add in your spices and chives. Mix all ingredients together with a fork or whisk until fully combined.
3. Grab a slice of deli meat and place in a muffin holder, to create a meat cup at the bottom of the muffin holder.
4. Using the measuring cup or ladle, spoon the egg mixture into the deli meat cups.
5. Sprinkle the cheese on top of each egg cup.
6. Place the the egg cups in the over until lightly brown and the centre of the egg cup is hard (use a fork to test the inside of the egg cup). Let cool and enjoy!
Store in your fridge for 3-4 days and grab whenever you are in a hurry in the morning.
You can play around with the ingredients to create an egg cup to your liking. You can add vegetables, various meats, spices, etc. Make sure you change the macros accordingly!
Per serving (makes 12)