With the hot summer weather making a surprise appearance in May, we can all agree that BBQ season is ON. With summer weather the temptation to indulge might be higher. No need to panic! You don’t have to stop all your summer habits to stay fit. If your loved ones are preparing a BBQ with burgers, we go this delicious, flavoured-packed chicken burger recipe for you! This recipe is filling, high in protein, low in fat and super easy to prepare! You can prepare them on the BBQ, or throw them in the oven, or sautée them in a pan; whichever way you choose to enjoy these chicken patties, they’ll always be absolutely mouthwatering.
Ingredients (makes approx 16 burgers)
⁃ 2kg of extra lean ground chicken
⁃ 1 whole egg
⁃ 2 egg whites
⁃ 1 cup of bread crumbs (optional)
⁃ 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
⁃ 1/4 cup minced garlic
⁃ 1/4 cup of Worcester Sauce
⁃ 1/4 cup chopped chives
⁃ Salt/pepper to taste
⁃ Spices of your choice
⁃ Cooking spray
For the burger
⁃ Burger buns OR lettuce substitute
⁃ Toppings of your choice
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until properly until well blended
2. Texture should be flexible enough to create patty shapes with hands and hold the shape on its own. Add bread crumbs if the texture is too gooey.
3. Create palm-sized patties.
4. If on bbq: 3-5 min per size.
If on pan: 5 min on medium heat.
If in oven: 45 min on 400°.
5. Poke hole in patties to make sure they are full cooked (no pink)
6. Put patty inside a bun, top with the toppings of your choice and enjoy a healthy burger!
*no bun, just patty.
Per serving (makes 16)