Yes, you read correctly. We’re going to make a macro-friendly poutine! This French Canadian meal is known as off limits for many athletes, due to its high fat and carb content. We found ways to make this meal a little more macro-friendly, so you can still enjoy your poutine without compromising on your goals.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 168g french fries
- 30g allegro cheese
- 30g low fat cheese mozzarella
- A dry poutine mix (St-Hubert’s mix is perfect!)
- 100g chicken breast
1. Preheat oven at 425°. If using an air fryer, preheat it at 400°
2. Cook fries for approx. 20-25 min in oven or 15 min in air fryer. Place in a bowl once they’re ready.
3. Season and cook the chicken breast and cut it in small portions once it’s ready. Add to your plate of hot fries once it’s ready.
4. Add the cheese on top of the hot fries and chicken, let it melt a bit before adding the sauce.
5. Heat poutine packet in a small pot with a bit of water until blended completely.
6. Add 1/4 cup of sauce on top of the fries and enjoy!
Makes 2 serving.
Per serving (1)
If you want to add more protein to the meal, double up on the chicken! It will make for a great, protein-packed poutine.