Eggs are a great ingredient to use as they’re protein packed and delicious no matter how you cook them. We’re trying something new with this recipe and transforming your traditional eggs with a Mediterranean twist. Breakfast, lunch, and supper- this tasty meal can be had at any time of day! You will not need many ingredients because spices are the key to bringing these eggs to life.
You will need:
⁃ 2 large eggs
⁃ 3/4 cup egg whites
⁃ 1/2 can of tomato paste
⁃ 1/2 onion
⁃ Curry powder
⁃ Garlic powder
⁃ Fresh parsley
1. Begin by dicing half the onion and caramelizing it in a large pan until golden brown.
2. Add half a can of tomato paste in pan and stir in onions, add water until paste becomes more liquid.
3. Add all spices to the mix (approx 1 tsp each).
4. Let sauce simmer for approx 3 min.
5. Turn heat to low and create two little empty pockets in sauce. (This will be where you crack your eggs)
6. Crack whole eggs into pockets.
7. Add the egg whites into sauce surrounding the whole eggs until well mixed, be careful not to open the egg pockets; keep the egg whites in the sauce only.
8. Cover pan with a lid and let sit on low heat for approx 5-10 min on low heat until eggs are fully cooked.
9. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.